About Flying Gurnards: Haven't seen any Flying Gurnards lately. Still like odd stuff. And sometimes I do stupid stuff and call it spontaneous. True story. I also don't have travelling shoes. They broke before I left home (omen?) and since then it's been mostly bare feet and flipflops although I keep killing them and consequently am on my fourth pair. I miss home. And everybody that makes it what it is. I feel fortunate doing what I do where I am. And I am still full o' love for life!

Thanks for reading Flying Gurnards & Other Concoctions.


With tons of love, big hugs and sunny smiles

Most recent posts below

Most recent posts below

Sunday 9 March 2014

Gone

Vee has left and I feel somewhat forlorn without her. Our visit lasted five days and I was filled with such joy to have somebody I love and who knows me so well by my side in this rainy land of green hills. The more time spend away from home the more a certain amount of sadness seeps into my soul, and Vee's gift of traveling all the way here meant the world to me and lifted my spirits enormously.
Don't get me wrong. Northern Irish folks are plenty nice. And kind of reserved.
Back home we don't do reserved. There is an openness spread throughout the community that has become part of being. Often accompanied by a generous sense of kindness.
I miss that a lot.
Friends hold each others' hands and provide loving shelter when life's storms have knocked the breath outta ye. This I know. And I am one fortunate woman, to have such a strong base back home who rally around me every step of the way and who are willing to cross the Atlantic to hold me close. Damn.

That thing about finding pots of gold here under the Irish rainbows? I'm not even gonna try. I already got the Motherload back home.
See ya soon(ish), Gabriola Island.

V-Rock


1 comment:

  1. Except for the gizmo in her hands, that photo could have been snapped in the 40s or 50s. #classicbeauty

    ReplyDelete

My photo
I vividly remember the first time I saw a pair of flying gurnards. It was a mesmerizing sight, not only due to my infinite love of unknown oddities but also because of the sheer grace and allure they exuded.
What would life be like without enigmatic experiences such as these?

Flying Gurnards & Other Concoctions contrives inspiration from both the mundane and the unusual and offers a quirky glimpse into adventurous times and enchanting encounters to be had on land and sea...
I've dusted off my travelling shoes in hot pursuit of remedies to alleviate Twitchy Feet Syndrome and its overriding nomadic nature - confronting it with a dapper dash of spontaneity, love and delightfulness