About Flying Gurnards: Haven't seen any Flying Gurnards lately. Still like odd stuff. And sometimes I do stupid stuff and call it spontaneous. True story. I also don't have travelling shoes. They broke before I left home (omen?) and since then it's been mostly bare feet and flipflops although I keep killing them and consequently am on my fourth pair. I miss home. And everybody that makes it what it is. I feel fortunate doing what I do where I am. And I am still full o' love for life!

Thanks for reading Flying Gurnards & Other Concoctions.


With tons of love, big hugs and sunny smiles

Most recent posts below

Most recent posts below

Friday 21 March 2014

Broken. Again.

...While trying to photograph Cedric the Gnomad among the charming crocuses that are popping up all around here the camera decided to go on strike and once again I am faced with the same issue that my last Canon had: The lens wouldn't open. My old camera was brought to the camera doctor but after finding out that the repairs would amount to the same price of two basic cameras (the exact words of the technician were that it was so ancient and outdated that they might not have the parts to fix it) I decided to buy a new one.

It was an old camera, I was emotionally attached, that's all. We had some good times travelling around and of course snapping some saucy shots made me treat it like it was more than the giant silver dinosaur it really was (and after ten years I still hadn't figured out what most of the buttons did, but I really liked its swiveling screen thingy)

I bought a no-frills compact replacement for eighty dollars and happily started snapping away until the crocus incident and now I have to replace this sucker as well. It might be a sign that I should move on and get up to date with some iPhone Instagram Plan but my mobile phone works just fine (it's a dinosaur too), doesn't take pictures and for some reason I like that.
Cause when I am having a drink with someone my attention is focused on that person and not on some fancy touch screen, apps, texts and lord knows what else.

...I think I really need to get over my technophobe tendencies.

Photo derived from web

No comments:

Post a Comment

My photo
I vividly remember the first time I saw a pair of flying gurnards. It was a mesmerizing sight, not only due to my infinite love of unknown oddities but also because of the sheer grace and allure they exuded.
What would life be like without enigmatic experiences such as these?

Flying Gurnards & Other Concoctions contrives inspiration from both the mundane and the unusual and offers a quirky glimpse into adventurous times and enchanting encounters to be had on land and sea...
I've dusted off my travelling shoes in hot pursuit of remedies to alleviate Twitchy Feet Syndrome and its overriding nomadic nature - confronting it with a dapper dash of spontaneity, love and delightfulness